6/27/2012

No, I was not attached by a wild animal, even though it looks like it. My biopsy's came back postitive for basil and squamous cell carcinoma-Yuck!!! I hate the C word.

I had a small red bump on the upper part of my nose for about 3 months,  it was red and was getting bigger.  I went and saw Dr. Jelaco on May 23rd (The same dermatologist that removed some skin CA from Bill) He froze several spots on my face and took a biopsy of the spot on my nose, arm and back.  Well, they came back positive.  So my next visit was to Dr. Tingy (in the same office) who did a MOHS procedure-were they remove pieces of CA and put it under a microscope to see where the roots are and how deep he should go.  So you wait for a while for him to check and then he removes more till all the CA is gone.  I had 5 times before I was clear.  They he put dissolvable stitches in and some on top of the skin..  My surgery was on Monday June 25, at 8:30 am and I left the office at 1:15 pm.  I just took the bandage off today June 27th and this is what it looks like.  My bandage was crooked, so I thought maybe my nose was crooked also.  My manager was great and got my tues and wed shifts covered so I could heal a bit.  I work thur and fri this week.  I will just have to be really creative with my make-up when I go to work tomorrow.  I go back on friday after work to get some more CA removed from my left arm and a small area on my back. Monday at 9:30 am he will remove my stitches and then I go to work at 11:00 that same day.  My nose has felt like someone took an ice pick to it, you don't realize how many nerves you have in just your nose.  At least I plan on being more careful when I am in the sun.  They recommended a sunscreen called "Solar defense" to use all the time.  You can buy it online or at the Ogden Clinic.  It does not have the greasy feel to it and it does not burn your eyes.  So it is my new friend.  So no more laying out or tanning beds for me.