10/09/2011

CANNING PEARS

On thursday Sept 29,2002, I was off work today and had alot of things to do. My first priority was to get my canning done. I ordered pears and could not get to them because I worked 3 straight 12 hr shifts. They were getting pretty ripe for sure. So today I canned pears and made some pear butter. It took me from 11 am to 3:30 p.m to finish. It is not hard to do but time consuming. Sharaes family was also coming down thursday to go to general conference and then leave sunday afternoon. So I was very busy trying to get things done before they arrived. Sharae gave me a great book to use for canning. "The Blue Book" it is great and easy to follow, so I have taken it upon myself while we live in Utah and have such abundance of fruits and vegtables to can as much as I can for our food storage. My grandmother use to can all the time and I remember being in her kitchen and watching her. It looked so hard and I never thought I could do it. Then Sharae learned how and got me excited about doing it. Whenever I have questions on what to do-I call Rae.